Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Waah waah, wahh waa waahh wa ...

As a kid I always liked the noise Charlie Brown’s teachers made when they talked. There were never any real words, but you still got the idea by listening to the tone and inflection. What I didn’t realize as a kid is that when I got old and talked to my kids, they would hear exactly that when I spoke.

The Eldest Aardvark Child was home weekend before last. One evening, on the way home, we stopped by the local Braum’s to pick up a gallon of milk. Never being one to let the opportunity slip past me, we also decided to pick up some ice cream (or as she used to call it many years ago - Key Keem). So, the EAC and I are perusing the display case, seeing what flavors are available.

LittleA: “French Vanilla. Fudge Ripple. Mint Chocolate Chip. Peanut Butter Crunch. Ooh, look. They have Pumpkin.”

EAC: “I don’t care what flavor we get.”







EAC: “Ooh, look. They have Pumpkin!”

I did what any of you would have done. Slumped my shoulders, shook my head and said, “You’re killing me here, you know that don’t you?”

EAC: “What?”

::sigh::

LittleA: “Didn’t you just hear me say that?”

EAC: “I heard you talking, but I wasn’t really paying attention to what you were saying.”

LittleA: “Waah waah, wahh waa waahh wah?”

EAC: ::giggle:: “Pretty much.”

  • |