Friday, September 22, 2006

Brand New Look – Same Old Crap

It’s all her fault. That’s my story anyway.

Mrs. A and I were sitting on the sofa the other night, talking. You know, that thing the average spouse only does with the other spouse less than 15 minutes a day? No, not THAT. The other thing … talking, I mean.

Anyway, she said that she missed me blogging. Funny you should say that. I miss me blogging too. So, here’s what I’m going to try…

I got a laptop/docking station setup to replace my traditional PC at work. This allows me to bring work home from time to time, but it also gives me some freedom to compose a wad of words during the evenings that I can then take to work, upload and post the next day. And the beauty of it is the Youngest Aardvark Child will think that I am working. Keeping her in the dark about my internet persona is still a good thing. Besides, that way I can blog about her without getting into trouble.

The Eldest Aardvark Child discovered her mother and my online alter-egos over the summer. I’m not sure what she thinks, exactly. We didn’t do a lot of discussing. I know she reads her Mom’s blog, ‘cause she commented over there not too long ago. I think she’s okay with things. Then again, she has yet to see my spandex and lycra costume.

My job keeps me busy, busy, busy. And for the most part it’s a good busy. I have managed to leave a (short) comment or two, but for the most part have just had time to lurk here and there. I expect that to continue to be the case, so don’t be surprised if there’s no back in forth in the comments like there sometimes used to be (unless of course it comes from you).

Work is good. I had to send my boss a list of my goals in-process and completed and I have to tell you, that I was almost impressed. You really can eat an elephant one bite at a time! I have one employee who works in our Portland (OR) office. It takes quite a bit of time to manage by phone. I probably could request one of those STNG headsets, but I don’t know…I mean I’m already a geeber (half geek, half goober), do I really need to advertise? Mmmm…not so much.

(By the way, you’re well on your way to geeberhood if you knew that STNG was Star Trek Next Generation without having to be told.)

Well, that’s probably about all I’m good for (watch it!) for now.

Courage!

  • |