Monday, April 03, 2006

Alas, poor Rippy! I knew him, Horatio.

Euripides (pronunciation: You-rippa-dees. As in – “Son! Euripides jeans? Whassamatta you?")

Euripides has shuffled off this mortal coil. Of course, Euripides shuffled everywhere – he was a turtle. What would you expect? He was fine late last week and then yesterday…

I’m guessing that Houdini and Max are also no longer with us, since they have yet to appear. FYI, turtles dig underground to hibernate through the winter. And we’ve had Euripides for about eight years and Houdini about five. Anyway, their absence and Rippy’s sudden demise leads me to believe that some sort of virus or disease got to them. Either that or the cold/hot/cold/hot winter we just had totally freaked out their systems. Maybe Max, being the newbie, was a carrier for a deadly strain of turtle pox. Who knows?

I have the fun, fun job of telling the EAC, who’ll be upset if I tell her, and mad and upset if I don’t.

::sigh::

Funeral services have yet to be arranged. Viewing will be held until sometime after I get home this evening.

  • |