Monday, March 27, 2006

Something from the "Huh" file

I take an over-the-counter pill for allergies about 10 months out of the year. Being the frugal type (Heh. Indeed.), I typically get the store brand.

The packaging of which varies, depending upon which store I happen to be in when I need to buy.

The last time I bought my allergy pills, I was at our local non-chain pharmacy. (Yes, there are still some out there). Some few days later, when I opened the box, I noticed that these pills had that extra paper backing on the foil packaging which requires you to peel the paper back before you can actually push the pill through the foil.

I'm not really sure the reason this is necessary, hence the inclusion in the "Huh" file.

It's not that I mind the extra step to get at the pill so much, but would it be too much to ask that when you have the paper that you have to peel back that, you know, it actually PEELED BACK? Instead it tears off in a small piece, usually leaving the tough-to-push-through paper completely in place. Which makes it annoying on a good day and a flaming nuisance on others.

All I can say is that I hope they don't use this packaging on pills for anger management. Unless, of course, they used the anger caused by opening the pills to generate the sale of MORE pills, in which case it's nothing short of genius.

  • |