Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Transition

Well, the move from the old job to the new job went off without a hitch. There wasn't much ceremony last Friday as I wound things up. Then again, there weren't many folks left to have a ceremony with. But, everyone parted on good terms, so there's that.

I'm working on getting my (now) old boss, the Big Dog, hired on at the new (old) company. We sure had a lot of fun working together.

The new job is going to be way, WAY, WAY different than anything I've done before.

Different is good.

When I got here, they had already scheduled my training out for the next four weeks. It's interesting talking to folks you know, but from a completely different perspective. Interesting and odd.

Anyway, I am so happy to be back and they have a spiffy new building with all sorts of bells and whistles, which, by the way, is already full to capacity. Heh. I'm sitting temporarily in the cubicle of a guy who is out for a month on Reserve duty. I've decided not to bring a lot of my personal paraphernalia up until I get a more permanent home.

So, that's the news on the work front.

  • |