Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Remedial marketing

About a week before I left my other job, I noticed a new billboard ad. I'm not 100% sure, but I expect that the types of things you would put up on a billboard would generally have an appeal to a wide audience. You may not be IN that audience, but at least you can acknowledge that there are a bunch of other folks that are.

And, with home sales and automobiles being the exception, most things advertised on billboards are usually priced such that most everybody, should they choose, could afford to buy one (or two or three).

Which is why I was startled by the billboard for customized motor coaches (busses) starting at only $139,000.

I'm just wondering what the market is for those among the general population. It's certainly not zero, but I'm not sure it's significantly higher, either.

  • |