Friday, August 26, 2005

Stick around

So, one of my errands I needed to run at 2:00 yesterday afternoon in the broiling hot sun was to go to Wal-Mart (yipee...) and pick up some sugar and some more tea bags. (One of the few perks of the office, free coffee AND iced tea) I managed to make it to Wal-Mart by the time the temperature in the car was down to about 95. (see previous post) I go into the store, and naturally, realize I've parked on the wrong side. The food is on the far side of the store.

Oh well, might as well walk in the AC, eh?

As I traverse the length of Wally-World, I come to the realization that in the last two minutes I have seen just about every possible permutation of freaks, geeks and weirdos that can produced by the human genome. Then I begin to wonder if some of those folks I just passed had been thinking the same thing about me.

Probably.

Anyway, I manage to get the tea and sugar and make it back to the car. Back at the office, I decide that, rather than just leave the tea and sugar on the breakroom counter (which would have been perfectly acceptable), I would put them away. No problem with the tea, but the sugar needed to go in a canister. And, well, you see, I'm about as coordinated as a methed-up, one armed baboon. So naturally, I manage to spill the sugar as I'm putting it in the canister. I cleaned up the counter okay, but realized I'd need a broom and dustpan to sweep up the sugar that had made it to the floor.

About that time, the cleaning lady (who speaks very little English) walked in.

"I need a broom."

"What? You need broom?"

"Yes. I need a broom because I made a mess."

"A mess? Where?"

"There."

"Oh. I take care of it."

And she proceeds to produce a broom and dustpan and starts sweeping up the spilled sugar.

That's when I noticed the broom she was using was wet.

::sigh::

Oh, well. She's the cleaning lady. If she can't figure out that adding water to sugar and smearing it all over the floor isn't a good idea then who am I to say otherwise.

  • |