Monday, August 15, 2005

Decisions, decisions

You know, it's always been my intention to give the Eldest Aardvark Child the ALANHA address once she was safely ensconced in college.

Now I'm beginning to have second thoughts. I mean, does she really WANT to know the inner workings of her father's mind? (For that matter, do YOU? But then again, you must since you're here. Oh well, there's no accounting for taste.) Can she handle the realization that I've just been winging it the past 18 years and really DON'T know everything? She already knows I'm a dork, so THAT won't be a problem. There's nothing specific that I can put my finger on (at least not without washing it first), but I just wonder what I would have done at her age if I discovered my dad had a secret identity - but lacked the spandex crime-fighting suit. Then again, that last part is a blessing.

Anyway, I don't want to freak her out. Her life is changing enough already, what with moving out and starting college life. Does she need this too? Or am I just trying to talk myself out of telling her?

And then there's the whole "can she keep it a secret from her sister?" thing.

Well, I guess I've got the rest of this week to decide.

  • |