Monday, November 01, 2004

Another tale from the "Woe is me" file

Spent all day Saturday generating various and sundry reports, saving them just so and then printing them out. Left a whole big stack of 'em (probably about 4" worth) on the desk - giving me something to do on Sunday.

Got to work Sunday after church and spent the rest of the day updating files based on the information in said reports. I noticed as I was working that there were still several problems present that I thought I had fixed. These things happen from time to time. Sometimes instead of fixing the problem you make it worse or do something else that cancels out your fix. Stuff like that. So, I wasn't overly concerned, just slightly irritated that the problems were still there.

This morning I got to work just a-rarin' to dig in and fix those problems...

Only to find that, as I had originally thought, the problems WERE fixed.

???

...

???

...

???

I mentioned my perplexidessness (whad'd'ya mean that isn't a word? Is now!) to my co-worker only to discover that the changes I thought were in on Friday didn't get incorporated into the files I used for my reports until...Saturday night when she came to work!!!

In other words, what I spent most of the weekend on is mostly crap.

On a more positive note, since I know what the changes were, I can go in and manually change my reports to reflect them, making MOST of what I accomplished over the weekend useful again.

So, how's your day going?

  • |