Thursday, October 21, 2004

Let fly the Aardvarks of War!

I dunno.

Just liked the way it sounded, that's all...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, it chaps me just a little (ok, more than a little) to hear how Fidel Castro is talked about by the not-so-main-stream-anymore media. On the radio this morning, he was referred to as "The President" of Cuba for the last 45 years. You know, just like President Clinton or President Bush. It's the same thing in the end, right? Like the people of Cuba just love him and keep voting him into the Presidency or something. Those wacky Cubans just love their Castro. They just can't get enough of that free medicine and schooling down there. It's a worker's paradise, don't you know. I mean, that's the only explanation for him being President for the last 45 years, right? No mention that he is a dictator who's kept his boot on the people's throat while single-handedly (ok, he had a little help. See: Guevara, Che) turning Cuba into a Third-World slum. President. Yeah, I know that's what he calls himself, but I call myself an Aardvark when the truth is (warning of impending shocking revelation) no matter how much I call myself an Aardvark, I'll never REALLY be one.

Would it he too hard to call Castro the "self-proclaimed" President of Cuba, or the "so-called" President of Cuba or the "un-elected" (unless someone other than Jimmy Carter "legitimizes" it anyway) President of Cuba? Yes. Yes, it would be too hard. Obviously.

Remind me someday to tell you what I really think.

  • |