Friday, October 22, 2004

“I think I’m going to hurl!”

I got to work this morning feeling ok, but I hadn’t been sitting at my desk for more than ten minutes before my head started to hurt … and I wasn’t even thinking about Jimmy Carter. And, as sometimes happens with headaches, I started feeling very nauseous (WAY too many vowels in that word – nauseous). Almost to the point where I needed to go lie down. Almost.

Decided around noonish that mayhaps I should go try to stick some comestibles down my gullet to see if that would make things better (or worse ‘cause then I could rationalize going home). (Un?)Fortunately, that seemed to be the cure. So, on the plus side I no longer feel like I’m going to see the remnants of last night’s dinner, but on the minus side I have no plausible excuse for leaving work early.

Don’t get me wrong, I think the way it turned out is the better of the two, but I wish I felt better AND could go home.

  • |