Tuesday, September 07, 2004

WWTMI - The Next Generation

First there was Too Much Information.

Too Much Information was united with Completely Clueless and they begat Way Too Much Information.

Way Too Much Information married It's All About Me and sired Way WAY Too Much Information.

Who made an appearance in my office cubicle this morning.

Over the years, I've learned (the hard way) not to ask certain questions.

When an employee tells you that they need to take off to attend a doctor visit,

You DON'T ask: "What's the matter?" Trust me, you don't want to know.

You DO say: "I hope everything is all right." Which requires no detailed description of EXACTLY what's wrong, how long it's been there and all possible courses of treatment with their concomitant side effects.

In spite of that easy out, some folks have already rehearsed the conversation in their heads and expect to give a full accounting of their problems.

Trust me when I say I do NOT need to know about:

Your sexual history
The status of your reproductive organs
The regularity of your bowels
The location of any ingrown hairs
The occurrence of bursting pustules.

I will let you take time-off to see the doctor without ANY of this information.

  • |