Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Everybody out of the pool!

Ok, not really.

Since there are a couple folks on the blogroll who are "great with child", I figured we ought to start a pool to guess the vital stats. Then I got to thinking (a dangerous thing that I don't attempt too often) about what sort of incentive I could offer to the winners.

Hmmm. I don't have any money, so that's out.

I DO have plenty of nothing, so that's a possibility.

But there HAS to be something ...

AHA!

I have it.

The winner will receive a poem in their honor, crafted by yours truly. (I see you went with the nothing after all)

So, here's the deal.

Pool #1 - Lenise is due in 9 (that's NINE) days! This is her first. We'll have to hurry for this one!
Pool #2 - Jordana is due in 55 days. This will be her third.

Guess the baby's sex, weight, length, date of birth and time of birth by either emailing me or leaving a comment below.
Each of the five data elements will be judged separately (closest to furthest away) and then the scores combined to yield an overall winner. So even if you got the date wrong, you could still be the closest on time, etc.

The winner will be announced following the birth (I'm assuming Lenise and Jordana, or their representative, will give me the relevant info) and I will publish their prize poem shortly thereafter.

Are y'all in?

And my guesses are:
Pool #1 - Boy, 7 pounds 5 ounces, 20.5 inches, September 20, 3:00 AM
Pool #2 - Girl, 8 pounds 3 ounces, 21 inches, November 2, 6:00 AM

  • |