Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Another first

Did something today that I've never done before.

I filed a complaint with the FCC.

Let me start off by reminding you, I don't have cable. If you can't broadcast it to me over the public airwaves for free, I'm not interested. TV is a big enough waste of time as it is - no way am I going to PAY for it. Besides, I don't have an extra $600 a year to spend on it. (Yeah, I'm cheap.)

I think it's safe to say that I am not a prude and I'm certainly not easily offended. But when your channel surfing brings you to a music video with topless women simulating sex with each other and close ups of their bikini clad behinds all while the "artist" (and I use the term loosely) is rapping about how he wants to "stick it in her ***", I think that's over the line.

So I did something about it.

We'll see if anything comes of it. (I'm not holding my breath)

  • |