Monday, July 26, 2004

A use of the Force?

There are certain scripture references that intersect with popular culture.  Like Luke 1:3 which can be taken as proof that Bill and Ted actually DID travel back in time.
It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus (Ted?)
This past Sunday, I think we discovered the first recorded use of a Jedi mind trick.  The Syrians had come to capture/kill Elisha in the town of Dothan.  Elisha prayed that God would strike them blind (which He did) and then this is recorded in 2 Kings 6:19:
And Elisha said unto them, This is not the way, neither is this the city: follow me, and I will bring you to the man whom ye seek. But he led them to Samaria.
Seems pretty conclusive to me.

  • |