Friday, July 09, 2004

Sweating with the oldies

First let me start by saying, I live in Texas - you know, where the average temperature from early June to late September is somewhere in the neighborhood of a kajillion degrees. Well, ok, that may be an exaggeration ... but only slightly.

So, it always amazes me to see people driving around with their windows rolled down. Hello? Something wrong with your A/C? And it's not just the old rambling wrecks that might not have A/C installed, either. You see lots of newer cars and trucks with people's elbows sticking out of the window. Yesterday, about 5 PM (and 92 degrees), I pulled up alongside a late model Lincoln Towncar with a middle-aged woman behind the wheel. Don't tell me that boat didn't come with A/C standard.

I can understand the folks driving around with a cigarette in their hand. I wouldn't want that stinky thing in my car either. But the majority of folks I see with their windows down aren't smoking.

Maybe some folks just LIKE to sweat?

Now, I do understand why the guys in the "boom" cars have their windows rolled down - it keeps the air pressure from shattering their eardrums. All I can say is, "Thanks for sharing guys."

I keep telling the girls that someday I'm going to drive through the neighborhood and all over town blasting WRR just to see what kind of reaction I'll get. They like the idea. I think it's probably a good way to get shot.

  • |