Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Not that I'm anal-retentive or anything

I just spent the better part of the last hour tracking down a signed agreement that everyone here at work knows about, but nobody seems to have read. This agreement supposedly covers X, Y & Z, but not A, B or C. Naturally we had something in the J-K-L range and someone was questioning the way I had handled it.

So I tracked the agreement down in the legal files and I have to say it was highly illuminating. Nowhere in the short, 2 page, document is there ANY reference to X, Y, Z, A, B or C! It is very UNspecific. In fact, if my supposition is correct, it's INTENTIONALLY unspecific. It certainly doesn't read the way I had been led to believe the last five years.

Needless to say, based on this, I think my original treatment of the item in question was correct, and there is certainly nothing in the agreement that says it is not. And, since I the final disposition of this item is well within my scope of responsibility, we're going to leave it done the way I did it.

It's good to be King.

  • |