Thursday, July 15, 2004

Fast times at Weevil State

This week's Thursday Three® finds a Possum acting like a Goose (or was that Maverick? - both actually).

1) What is the fastest you have ever traveled on land? On water? In the air?

I've had my car up to 100 on some back roads in Missouri, but it's been a while. It could have gone faster, but I couldn't. The fastest I ever felt like I was traveling was on the back of my brother's motorcycle. He was only going 90, but I'd swear it felt like 190. Something about being out in the open (you cagers just wouldn't understand ... or something like that in cycle-speak).

I can't think of any exceptional cases on the water. I'm not much of a boat person - no skiing, surfing or personal watercrafting or anything like that to speak of. I have slipped in the tub before - does that count?

In the air? Well there's the commercial jets I've flown (actually, I rode in 'em - I didn't fly 'em), but nothing extraordinarily fast there either.

Slow and steady, that's me.

2) Which would you rather attend: Bonneville Speed Week, the Daytona 500 Speedweek, or a private screening of Speed with Sandra Bullock?

No contest - Daytona. Or Indy. Can't leave our IRL friends out of this.

3) Which would you rather have as a pet: Speedy Gonzales, Speedy, the Kitten Born Without a Pelvis, or Flipper? (Who happens to be "faster than lightning," at
least according to his theme song.)


Speedy, the Kitten Born Without a Pelvis is right out. I wouldn't be able to get within 20 feet of her(?) without having an eye-watering, sneezing, snot-fest. (sorry if that's too graphic)

Flipper? Aside from the fact that I'd have to dig up the back yard and put in a tank to hold him(?) in, I'd have to buy fish to feed him and let me tell you, nothing says "home" quite like the smell of dead fish. Kind of like the time Mrs. A decided to fertilize the yard with a fish emulsion. Let's just say that some prizes aren't worth eating the CrackerJacks® for.

So, I guess I'll have to go with Speedy Gonzales. I'm not allergic, he requires no stinky food source and he's a cartoon. And as an added bonus, he's not politically correct. Works for me.

  • |