Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Big news

At the Aardvark house this weekend. I got home Friday and the Eldest Aardvark Child was jumping up and down to show me what she got in the mail: a HUGE insulated cup from the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor. AND a letter telling her they had received her latest SAT scores and she was eligible to receive the President's Scholarship of $4,000 per year (approximately 1/4 of the cost).

And there was much rejoicing.

THEN, on Saturday, she got another letter from UMHB (Oombah, as it's known at our house), this one informing her that they had received her application and welcoming her as an ACCEPTED student. (With an assigned student ID number and everything!)

And there was more rejoicing. Accompanied by a happy dance or two.

We are making her apply to a couple of other schools, but Oombah is where she has wanted to go ever since she visited their campus. Never hurts to look, though. And I need to make sure she doesn't coast (like her father would) her last year, since she's already been accepted.

Now, if I can just figure out how to pay for the other 3/4...

(I've already borrowed as much as I can against my good looks ... it WAS a good piece of bubble-gum, though)

  • |