Friday, June 11, 2004

A year older but none the wiser

Well, it's been quite a year for ALANHA. Looking back, I'm amazed that I'm still here. Even more amazing is that YOU are still here.

I took the opportunity to review the last year and pick out one post a month that I liked. They aren't necessarily the most important things I've posted about, but I think they're a pretty good representation of what ALANHA has grown to be about.

(It helps if you keep in mind the official ALANHA motto: Consistently Meeting Low Expectations.)

Early on, I did a little more politics and news coverage than I do now. I also found my early posts very difficult to read. They seem stilted and forced to me now, but they were the best I could do at the time. I guess there's something to be said for posting regularly.

Anyway, humor me (and maybe vise versa) by allowing me to recommend these "best of" posts from ALANHA.

June 2003 - Yelling at the news where I reveal that I've grown up to be my father after all.

July 2003 - On the road again teaching the EAC how to drive.

August 2003 - Cogito, ergo sum...Spiderman! where I demonstrate my natural agility and athletic prowess. No. Really.

September 2003 - Pun - ishment: a post which reveals the depth of my illness.

October 2003 - Anachronicity - No, it's not an album by the Police.

November 2003 - Running with scissors on the day after Thanksgiving.

December 2003 - My outside voice sometimes, unfortunately, mirrors my inside voice.

January 2004 - At the intersection of blogging and life and who should be standing there but Nate!

February 2004 - A ham is born and promptly blogs the experience.

March 2004 - I know you won't believe this, but I channelled Tim Taylor for a moment or two...and then had to lie down. (Ok, THAT part you believe.)

April 2004 - My daughter, Silly who still believes everything her Daddy tells her. (In spite of her Mother's advice.)

May 2004 - Jeudi Trois: which is how the Martha's Vineyard/Hamptons crowd would say "Thursday Three" I believe. Anyway, one of my favorite sets of questions and a guest appearance by Spock.

Let's hope the next year is as entertaining as this last one has been. Thanks to one and all for your participation and support.

::sniff::

I LOVE YOU MAN!

  • |