Wednesday, June 23, 2004

ALittle excitement

(LittleA - ALittle, clever huh?)

Right, well, moving on...

So, I'm sitting in my hotel room Saturday night, minding my own business, when the phone rings.

"Hello?"

"Uh...yes...uh...Mr. Aardvark. This is the front desk and...uh...we were just calling to make sure your room was ok."

!?!

"Uh...yeah, everything is fine."

"Ok,...well, enjoy your stay. Goodnight." Click.

Well, that was weird. That's the first time the front desk at any hotel has EVER called like that. And it was my second night in this room, which made the call even odder. I wonder what that was all about?

About 9:40 somebody knocks at the door.

!?! ... !?!

Now, it should come as no surprise - me being a guy what was minding his own business, in his own hotel room and in for the night - when I tell you that my first thought was, "WHERE ARE MY PANTS?"

After a moderate scramble and a peek out of the peep hole, the door was opened to reveal three of Mountain Grove's finest. (Cue Inner Circle music) Turns out there had been a hang-up 911 call earlier in the evening from the hotel, but the phone system couldn't tell them which room it came from, so they were going around checking all the rooms.

I assured them it wasn't me and they seemed satisfied. (not even looking at me funny the way most folks do) Turns out it was a false alarm.

  • |