Thursday, May 06, 2004

Once was funny

Twice was cute. Three times? I'll force a smile.

But every Thursday for the last year? Fahgetaboudit.

The Frank Reed show starts at 5:00 AM Monday through Friday. Coincidentally, that's when the alarm clock goes off. About a year or so ago, Frank mistakenly thought it was Friday one Thursday morning, leading to much yukking it up with the rest of the morning crew. He liked the gag so much, he did the same thing the next week. And the next. And the next.

Maybe I'm just Mr. Cranky Butt, but if I happen to swim up out of sleep into what passes for coherency (at least around here) and catch this shtick, all it does is irritate me. His whole show is just a little too treacly for me, but Mrs. A likes the station, so we put up with Frank in the mornings.

  • |