Wednesday, May 12, 2004

I'm back

Sort of.

(Insert whine about work here)

I got three new tires on my car since the last time I drove to Missouri. What a difference in gas mileage! I got about 36 mpg this time around. And that's even with the extra drag of bug guts slowing me down. The bugs are thicker this time of year than any other, which makes travelling after sunset a big plus. You still hit just as many, but at least you don't have to look at the multicolored smears. (at least not until the next day) And whatever you do, do NOT run your windshield wipers 'cause that wiper fluid won't take off bug guts and you'll just smear it around and make it worse! (the voice of experience)

FYI, my dad is about the same. He is still hanging in there with some good days and some bad. He has not lost any weight since last month and that kind of surprised me (In a good way, of course). It's anybody's guess how long he's got. He's ornery enough (I know, I know. How could anybody related to me POSSIBLY be ornery you ask? Strange, but true, my friends. Strange, but true) that he might live another 10 years just to spite the doctors. Not that that's a bad thing, mind you. It'd be fine with me.

More on the trip later. Now, I have to go back to work.

  • |