Thursday, May 20, 2004

2187

Or three to the seventh power.

If Wednesday is Belgium, Thursday must be ... 'Bama?

1) NASCAR recently sent up a squeal from old-school fans for its decision to move two Nextel Cup (nee Winston Cup) races from Rockingham and Darlington to Texas Motor Speedway and Phoenix International Raceway in Arizona. The move is seen by many as a naked grab for a more mainstream audience and an attempt to walk away from the sport’s redneck past. Is this a good thing?

I already saw this item and commented thereon over at Jim's place. Here's what I said.

Personally, I'd much rather see NASCAR ditch the Martinsville short track and keep the Rockville race. Short track bores me.
On a selfish note, with two events at TMS, there's a higher chance I'll actually get to go.


So, yeah, I guess I'd have to say it's a good thing. Since it's all about ME.

2) It has been noted by others that the original 26 episodes of Jonny Quest are now available on DVD. The question: Race Bannon--is he or isn’t he?

I already saw this item and commented theron over at Spud's place. Here's what I said.

I loved that show. I always like the aligators on the leash! Oooh, and the giant spiders of course.

And Race Bannon...THAT'S an adventurer's name for sure.


So it looks like I have to come down on the side of isn't. (or risk the association ... Eeek!) Of course, one begins to wonder just why this subject came up in the first place ... hmmmm ...

3) Have you ever participated in any sort of organized footrace--track and field in school, fun runs, marathons, Olympics--and what was your finishing position? (Sprawled on the ground with dry heaves does not count as a position.)

In high school gym class, I was never last. I was always NEXT to last, somehow managing to beat the guy on crutches. In the last Cowtown 10K I ran (walked actually - dragging the YAC all the way - and SHE'S the one who wanted to do it. Grrr!), my time was 1:35:18. I sweat just thinking about it.

  • |