Monday, April 12, 2004

What a day

That will be. Oh, what a day that will be.

Heard on the radio this morning that Phil Keaggy (and Glass Harp - his old band) will be performing again at the 27th annual Dallas Guitar Show (that's Phil on the top left). He was at the Dallas Guitar Show in 2001 and, though I'm not a guitarist, I made the trip over to the show just to see him perform. I'm not sure if I can describe just how cool it was to see Phil Keaggy playing his guitar in a venue designed to showcase great guitar playing/players. He did do some singing, but mostly just concentrated on playing his guitar. And he did some things that I've never seen anybody do - like playing only using his left hand to strike the notes on the fret boards. What was really cool was having him sample one of his own licks then riff off that. If that doesn't make sense, just trust me. Phil is an awesome musician, and if you ever get a chance to see him at a guitar show, you should do it.

So I asked Mrs. A, "You wanna go to the guitar show with me next weekend?"

"Not so much."

She doesn't know what she's missing.

  • |