Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Registration required

From the Star-Telegram web site.
When you register on Star-Telegram.com you will have privileged access to our articles and services, free of charge. By learning a little about you, we are able to provide the kinds of information, offers and services that are of the most interest to you.
Allow me to tell you the kind of information, offers and services that are of the most interest to me. The ones where you don't ask me for a bunch of personal information to try to sell me something.

When you start realizing the data you are gathering contains plenty of "biteme@yourearliestconvience.com" email addresses, will you give the marketing genius who dreamt this up a nice big raise?

With the quantity of no-hassle news available on the internet, your limited amount of local reporting isn't worth the effort of keeping up with yet ANOTHER log in ID and password. Thanks, but no thanks.

(It's a good thing I'm not bitter! Remind me someday to tell you what I REALLY think.)

  • |