Friday, April 30, 2004

Just not myself today

The day started out ok. Got the YAC to school on time with the admonition, "Remember, if you see a Bandersnatch, use your vorpal sword." Yeah, I am that weird.

Something changed when I got to work, though. Maybe it was having to explain to one of my employees for the FIFTH time a simple little task I had assigned to her last week. You know when they give you that glazed-over look that you might as well be speaking in Klingon.

Hab SoSlI' Quch!

And even that wouldn't be so bad if her timing were better. You know, I like to at least get my computer turned on before I have to start answering questions ... especially if they are questions I've already answered.

Then it was of to an hour long meeting. It dawned on me that I was funky (in a bad way (and that's bad as in bad (like having embedded parentheticals is bad (at least if you're trying to follow the main idea anyway)), not bad as in good) as opposed to the groovy kind) today when everyone else was laughing at some snippy patois and I was just looking at them like, "Whatever."

Anyway, we're having lunch catered in today (Red, Hot, and Blue), so maybe eating will perk me up. Then again maybe not.

  • |