Monday, March 29, 2004

Just for the record

In case y'all haven't already figured it out for yourselves...

In the Aardvark household, the family member who routinely pulls my fat out of the fire (and that's a lot of fat to keep from being singed) is Mrs A.

Case in point:

I'm planning on going to see my father again this weekend. The last time I made the trip in my car, it was already time for an oil change. In addition to the 1,200 miles I drove on the trip, I've driven it to work for a month and still no oil change. I figure, just maybe, before I put ANOTHER 1,200 miles on it, it'd be a good idea to go ahead and get the oil changed. So I asked Mrs. A if she'd mind swapping cars with me today and taking mine in to get it changed at the place down the street. She reconned that would be possible, so that's what we did.

She called me this morning from the car place to ask me, "Did you know you needed an inspection too?" To which I replied, "I do?"

I guess it's a good thing ONE of us has their act together.

  • |