Friday, March 05, 2004

I can see for smiles and smiles

Got the old pearly whites cleaned this morning. No problems even though it was the dental hygenist that I don't particulary care for. She's actually a very good hygenist, she just doesn't have much of a 'chair-side' manner. I had one pocket of plaque on the back-side of my back molar (would that be a molar butt? Ewwww.) that was giving her some difficulty. Evidently, I have a small depression there that collects stuff. She worked at it for a while and then said, "Well, it looks like I'm going to have to get out the Cavinator."

Which starts me to thinking, "No!!!!! Not the Cavinator!!!! I wonder what a Cavinator is, anyway?"

So, I asked. Turns out it's not something from a Sci-fi flick or even someone related to the Governor of Golly-vornya. It's a tool with a hook that vibrates. The hook lets them get into depressions like the one I have and the vibration helps shake the plaque loose. Huh. Who knew? Learn something new every day.

  • |