Monday, December 22, 2003

Perspective

I took the EAC to see the Return of the King on Saturday. The mall has a brand new 13 screen cineplex (Rave!) with all stadium seating. Very nice. Two early-bird tickets set me back $11.50. Popcorn and two large drinks weighed in at $12.00. ::sigh:: Oh well, it's only money, right? No good unless you spend it, now is it?

Being the dutiful father, I made sure to remind my daughter, "Now don't suck down that drink right away. This is a three and a half hour movie." Another instance of do as I say (but not as I do). We got about an hour and fifteen minutes into the movie before I realized, "Hey! I need to pee." Fortunately, I've been blessed with a cast-iron bladder, so I figured, "No way am I getting up and missing any of this. I can stick it out." You see, I'm also blessed with a sponge for brains.

Holy cow! How long is this movie anyway? (BTW, I thought it was GREAT!)

I'm the guy who likes to sit through the credits on a movie until the very end (which comes in handy for films like Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Pirates of the Caribbean). When the credits started to roll, I looked at the EAC and said, "Let's go. NOW!" She didn't argue much as she was in the same condition I was, whiz-wise.

Several minutes later, in a much more relaxed state, we were headed out of the mall to find the car.

The EAC says, "That was THE BEST three and a half hours OF MY LIFE!"

To which I replied,

"Oh, honey. I'm so sorry."

  • |