Saturday, November 08, 2003

So, where was I?

No posting yesterday as I woke up with a severe case of allergies. Something blew in with the last cold front/rain. Not only does the mountain cedar and ragweed make my face explode (now there's a scary mental picture), but I'm also adversely affected by mold and fungus, which are always highest during and immediately following the rain.

I drove to work (in the rain) with one hand covering the left side of my face (for some reason, this seems to help with the sinus pressure). Probably not the safest thing to do (reduced depth perception and peripheral vision), but I made it ok. Sat in training long enough to know that if I closed my eyes one more time I would be asleep (definitely a CLM. Career Limiting Move - for those of you who aren't familiar with the term). Packed it in about 10:00 AM and headed home. Slept most of the rest of the morning and afternoon.

So that finds me back at work on a Saturday to catch up on what I didn't get done yesterday (or the day before, or the day before that. Darn training. Why do I need to be smarter, anyway?). The next couple of weeks are going to be EXTREMELY busy (which is why not going to Portland is a good thing) so, if at all possible, you should probably lower your expectations for what you'll find here (LIMBO!!!! how LOW can you GO?). If you set the bar low enough, I know I won't disappoint.

  • |