Friday, November 21, 2003

I'm so confused

There is something I don't understand. Well, actually, there are LOTS of things I don't understand, but I'm thinking of just ONE particular thing at the moment.

Unless things have changed dramatically since I got out of school, I think the whole "survival of the fittest" concept (as opposed to the survival of the fattest concept that I support) is still an accepted part of the theory of evolution. Isn't it?

So does that mean that the environmentalists who are trying to protect endangered species don't believe in evolution? 'Cause, I mean, if they did, then they wouldn't WANT weaker species to survive, would they? Or is it just that they don't consider "Man" a part of nature and therefore have to oppose any effect we may have on the world around us?

Like I said, I'm so confused.

  • |