Thursday, October 30, 2003

You think?

Ok. Here's the deal. I either think things to death, or I fail to think at all. Some days I thank God for having the foresight to create autonomous motor functions 'cause I'd be in big trouble if I had to remember to breathe (thanks Dr. Dobson!).

So, today, I happen to be an over-thinker. In case you haven't heard (you're always the last to know, aren't you?) this week's Carnival of the Vanities is up and running over at Who Censored Blogger Rabbit. So why would that cause me to over-think?

Well, common courtesy would indicate that, since I submitted something this week, I should reference the existence of said Carnival on my blog (hence, the little hyper-link thingy-ma-jigger up above). Check.

But that kind of gets old, doesn't it? How many blogs have I visited that all have variations on the theme, "Hey! The Carnival of the Vanities is up at _______'s place!" Do we really NEED announcement number 428? I think it's safe to say, if you saw it at the Puppy Blender's place, the word is out.

So what are the alternatives? I could ignore the CotV altogether, but that seems ungrateful. Take, take, take. How about giving a little? Or, I could add a spot on the sidebar that features the CotV every week! Hmmm. Great in theory, but not all that great if you fail to keep it updated (and y'all know how good I am at finishing things, right?). Exhibit A - one of my Must-Check-Ten-Times-Daily reads, cut on the bias (sorry Susanna), still has Rhetorica as the host for the CotV (seven weeks ago). Now Susanna is a busy woman and, like most of us, probably doesn't muck around with her template too often, so I'm not trying to rag on her. What I am trying to say is that if SHE can't keep up, what makes me think I can?

What's an Aardvark to do?

I think I'll try to do the sidebar thing and if it falls behind, y'all have my permission to mock me unmercifully.

"Now run away before we mock you again!" (MPatHG)

  • |